When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
- The owners shall grant the occupier, whose booking has been confirmed, the right to occupy The Black Barn for the period specified.
- Bookings taken by telephone or e-mail will be held for seven days. To finalise the booking a deposit of 25% of the rental fee (or the full amount if the booking is less than 8 weeks away) should be sent by cheque or bank transfer. The balance is due eight weeks before the booking commences. Where a booking is not confirmed within seven days it may be offered to someone else.
- The occupier is responsible for the safe keeping of the contents during the period booked. Any breakages or damage must be reported promptly to the owner who will be entitled to recover from the occupier the cost of any repair or replacement needed due to the occupier’s act or default.
- The occupier is required to permit the owner reasonable access to the property for any repairs necessary.
- The owners shall not be liable to the occupier or any member of the occupier’s party for any loss or damage to their property however caused.
- The occupier agrees not to exceed the maximum number of persons allowed to stay in the property.
- If the property becomes unavailable on the date stated due to damage or other problems such as fire or flood you will be refunded in full.
- The property is available from 2pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome provided they are kept off all furniture/not allowed in the bedroom and any dog mess is removed from the garden. Your dog must be kept under control at all times when on the farm.
- While every effort is made to ensure that all aspects of the property remain as advertised we accept no liability for items not under our control e.g. power cuts / drought etc
Cancellations must be immediately notified to us in writing via email to the email address on the booking Confirmation Note as soon as possible. The effective date of cancellation is when written notification is received by the Property Owner. The treatment of a cancellation will depend on the reason for the cancellation, date the booking was made and when the cancellation is made.
For ALL Bookings regardless of booking and cancellation date:
National Covid-19 Lockdown – In the event of a national lockdown, where you are unable to travel, and we are prevented from opening, you will receive a full refund.
Regional/Local Covid-19 Lockdown – In the event that your address is put into Regional/Local lockdown, rendering you unable to travel, you will receive a full refund. Please note that this applies only to the address given by the lead booker at the time of booking and does not apply to party members at a different address unable to travel due to local lockdown. In the event we are put into a Regional/Local lockdown and are unable to open, we will offer a full refund.
Cancellations for other reasons
If you cancel due to any other reason which includes, but not limited to, illness (including Covid), or a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, these remain at your risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel or receive a refund unless we can re-let the property, other than according to the sliding scale below.
All refunds will be subject to deduction of a non-refundable administration fee of £50 to cover our costs and third party costs related to the cancellation and remarketing (these costs include our admin costs, re-marketing costs, bank fees, accounting fees and agency fees or commission payments).
A cancellation charge will be made based on the number of days notification of cancellation and whether the cottage is re-let for the period of the cancelled stay. We will apply the scale shown in the table below to determine the amount of the refund payable to you. If the cottage is not re-let, this will be a percentage of the total cost of the holiday. If the cottage is re-let, the amount refunded will be the re booking value (which maybe less than you paid) less the non-refundable fee of £50.
|Time from Cancellation to Arrival||The Black Barn Not Rebooked We Refund You||The Black Barn Rebooked We Refund You|
|>8 weeks||Deposit less £50||Deposit less £50|
|49 – 56 days||80% of total cost||Rebooking value less £50|
|42 – 49 days||70% of total cost||Rebooking value less £50|
|35 – 42 days||60% of total cost||Rebooking value less £50|
|28 – 35 days||50% of total cost||Rebooking value less £50|
|21 – 28 days||40% of total cost||Rebooking value less £50|
|14 – 21 days||30% of total cost||Rebooking value less £50|
|7 – 14 days||20% of total cost||Rebooking value less £50|
|0 – 7 days||10% of total cost||Rebooking value less £50|
We strongly recommend that you take out suitable comprehensive insurance which will cover you for possible cancellation of your UK holiday.